10.06.2007

Weight Loss Diary: Week 1 Update

I don't feel as if I have lost any weight. I still feel fat (not Phat, like the Mo'Nique movie). I know this is going to be a long battle and journey for me. I just feel as if I am doing this by myself. Yes, I have a great support system. Heck, I have two sisters and a niece that lost a lot of poundage and are fierce!! I guess I just feel as if the pounds should just fall off -like it did in 1993.

This week I made an extra effort to drink more water and to include as much physical activity as possible. as far as food, when I ate fast foods, I made sure to get the kids meal with a Diet Coke. I know the food attendants were very perplexed about that order.

Getting to the gym seems hopeless. I know the morning is the best time to exercise. Studies have shown that the body does its best work in the morning hours (before 9:00 am). Just thinking about going to the gym at 5:00 am is making me tired. Going after work is another challenge. It seems as if I am making an excuse at every turn.

Also this week, I have been seeing commercials for this over-the-counter diet pill called alli

Here is an excerpt from the website:

alli prevents your body from absorbing about a quarter of the fat you eat. Fat is more calorie-dense than carbs or protein. Just one gram of fat has more than double the calories of the same amount of protein or carbs. So if you eat a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and use alli capsules, you can make a real difference in your weight as you limit the total number of calories that enter your system.

Continue Reading +/-

+/-

Now,let's look at how alli will work in the body: The active ingredient in alli attaches to some of the natural enzymes in the digestive system, preventing them from breaking down about a quarter of the fat you eat. Undigested fat cannot be absorbed and passes through the body naturally. The excess fat is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it in the toilet as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza (gross I know). Because of the way in which alli works, eating meals with too much fat may cause side effects known as "treatment effects." These "treatment effects" are:
* gas with oily spotting
* loose stools
* more frequent stools that may be hard to control


I know by now you are wondering why the hell would anybody want to subject herself to loose stools?? Desperation.

Get this, it is recommended that alli is taken on a weekend day in the event I experience a "treatment effect." WTH?????

I would love to hear your thoughts on this pill or have you heard of anything else that you think will aid me in my quest to get healthy. Please send all comments and advice (nothing negative will be tolerated!!) to celeb.blitz [at] gmail [dot] com

2 Notes from all over:

the prisoner's wife said...

thought about it...BRIEFLY.

the "treatment effects" are enough for me to say...HELL TO THE NAW!

Cassandra said...

Believe me...I left that ish right where it needs to be...ON THE SHELF!