1.10.2008

Dwyane Wade covers ESPN Magazine


Dwyane Wade covers the January 14th issue of ESPN Magazine. In it, Wade talks about his ambition, and the gossip, and staying true to yourself.

On His ambitions:
"I've always been really ambitious. As a kid, I always thought I could do more than people thought I could. I'm not the kind of person who likes to be in a box. My will is my greatest strength, " Wade explains. "My will to get there. That's why I'm here now. I willed myself."

On gossip:
"When you're young, you want to be famous. You want to be known. But having your personal business out there is not fun. I hear things, I read things and just laugh. Speculation is speculation. The thing that sucks about gossip is pepole believe it."

On being the same Dwyane:
"This high-profile life hasn't changed me," he says, a sentiment echoed by his teammates, family members and friends. "I don't worry about losing my way. I know that whatever happens, I can get myself back on track."

0 Notes from all over: